Feb 9th Annual Meeting Detailed Report – Click to get more details from our annual meeting. Below is a summary.
Annual Band Meeting Summary
- Online Band Registration Link
- Concert Bands – All students will be auditioned and placed in one of 3 bands. Auditions will begin at the end of March.
- Marching Band/Guard – CHS is a competitive Marching Band. There is a time and financial commitment to the program that parents and students need to be committed to. Practices are after school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with football games on Friday night and 3 Saturday all day competitions during the season. The estimate for next year’s fees is $800 which may adjust slightly as we finalize our budget. Your fees cover, instructors, uniforms, instruments, music, meals, all camps, rehearsals, games, travel expenses and your student’s “Show Shirt”. When the budget is finalized it will be made available.
- Jazz Band – Our Jazz Programs is growing and we may have enough students to have 2 Jazz Band Homerooms next year. There are no upfront fees associated with this program.
Dates to remember:
- March 1st– Scholarship Applications for Marching Band/Guard 2017-2018 season are due. This will be the first year of our new Scholarship Program. It is a need based Scholarship and additional information is on the application. All applications are kept private and families are kept anonymous for the voting.
- March 15th– Marching Band/Guard Deposit is due – this deposit holds a spot for you and is refundable before July 1st if you change your mind. Pay Online and Payment Information are here. Please fill out the Online Registration before paying the deposit. The subsequent payments are due April 15th, May 15th, June 15th, and July 15th. All fees are due before Summer Marching Camp.
- End of March – Auditions for next year’s band classes.
- May 15th– 18th 4-6pm – Spring Camp is an afterschool camp for anyone who is interested in Marching band. TRMS students walk up to CHS together after school to attend. There is no obligation or fee. Come try out Marching Band.
- July 13th& 14th – Mandatory Music Camp – Learn the music for the Marching Show.
- July 17th– 29th – Mandatory Summer Marching Camp – Plan for your student to be at camp all day on the weekdays, and possibly one of the Saturdays. The schedule will be posted on the website as the time gets closer and we finalize the itinerary.
- July 17th– Physical Forms are due by the first day of Summer Marching Camp. You can click the link here or go to the Forms & Resources Page of the website and print from there. They need to be taken to your child’s doctor to sign before camp starts.
How we communicate with you:
- Your best source for information is our website www.ChattahoocheeBand.com. The News & Event’s Page and the Calendar are kept up to date as we get information.
- During Marching Season, there will be a weekly email Newsletter with News and Reminders. Off season there is a bi-weekly Newsletter.
- Charms Office is the software tool that we use to keep track of contact information, financials, and to send out emails and news. Go to www.CharmsOffice.com and our school code is ChattahoocheeBand. This gets you to the public section of Charms where students can find their music and other handouts. Charms also has a private student section where you can view your financial statements and contact information. Go to More Charms Information for instructions on how to access this section of Charms.
- Like our Facebook PageChattahoochee High School Bands
- Follow us on Instagram@CHS_Bands – #chattband when you post band pics
- Follow us on Twitter@CHS_Bands
- Check outour new YouTube Channel Chattahoochee HS Bands
- You can offset the cost of Marching Band/Guard by fundraising. Funds you raise/earn are put into your students account and can be used to pay band fees and for trips. Verizon is the biggest and fastest way to raise funds. You can earn roughly $50 for each person at each shift working at the Verizon Amphitheater Concession Stand. The concert season starts up in late Spring.
- You can earn rebates that go toward your student’s account by purchasing e-gift cards from www.ShopWithScrip.com and using them to pay for your everyday purchases. 100’s of retailers like Starbucks, Target, Lowes, AMC, Domino’s, the list goes on… More Scrip Information
- Go to our Fundraising Page to see more details and instructions on how to use both fundraisers to offset your fees.
- Parent participation is vital to making the Marching/Guard Program happen. Show your student your support and encouragement by getting involved. Fill out our Get Involved Form and let us know how you would like to help.
2018 Spring Trip:
- We ran out of time to announce this but we are planning a trip to Chicago in the Spring of 2018 for all students in the Band Program. We will have more information after Summer Marching Camp.
Current nominations for next year’s Executive Board:
- Presidents – Leesa Robertson and Scott Cullen
- VP Operations – Chase Ashdale
- VP Fundraising – Kenya Taylor
- VP Communication – Kristin Wilson
- VP Uniforms – Leah Haber
- Treasurers – Heather Hale and Erica Greene
- Secretary – Sandra Nuñez
- If you are interested on serving on the board next year, please contact us with the contact form below and let us know what position you are interested in. Elections will be held at the General Meeting to be held in March or April. TBA
The Chattahoochee Band Program has had a busy start to 2017. Indoor Drumline and Winterguard have been rehearsing long hours and are well into their competition seasons. Band Classes will be preparing their music selections for LGPE (Large Group Performance Evaluations) at the end of February. We are also already starting to plan for next years Marching Season. Keep an eye out for Newsletters which are packed with upcoming events and information and as always go to www.ChattahoocheeBand.com for up to the minute information on all things band.
Take Note Now:
Thursday Feb 9th is our Annual Band Information Meeting – Everyone should plan to attend this meeting.
- Rising 9th Grader information
- 2017-2018 Marching Season preliminary information – Spring Camp, Band Camp, Finances, etc.
- Fundraising for next year – How to start earning $$ now for next year’s Band Fees.
- Nominations for next year’s Executive Board
Saturday Feb 25th is the Southern Association of Performance Arts or SAPA Winter Indoor Guard Show – Look for emails asking for lots of volunteers to help us host this prestigious event at CHS. There are over 50 Winterguard groups from the Metro Atlanta Area competing and tickets are only $9. It’s going to be a great show!
The Annual Band Banquet was on Saturday. It was an opportunity for the students to reflect on what they have accomplished this past year, to collect their letters and awards, and to have some fun.
After watching some memorable clips and the Senior Tributes from the Marching Band and Concert Band videos,
Mr. Garofalo, Ms. Baker, and Mr. Collins shared their pride in the advancements of all the Band students this year. Some notable music awards were:
John Phillip Sousa Award – Andrew Yi
Louis Armstrong Award – Michael Kralik
Directors Award – Alex Scales
Leadership Award – Elizabeth Howell
Marcus Onezime, the new Color Guard Director, gave special recognition to our Winter Guard for their accomplishments this year. After a mid-season Director change, a complete program re-design, and an intense rehearsal regimen the group was able to finish in the top 2 at every regular season show. Not to mention they were the first group in Chattahoochee history (25 years) to attend the SAPA Championships where they finished 2nd! Their excitement and commitment to excellence is going to make for a great Marching Season this Fall.
Some notable Guard Awards were: Melody Herrin and Shayla Perez received Leadership Awards and Amelia Scales and Eryn Young received Outstanding Member awards.
The Class of 2016 band students presented Mr. Garofalo with a pet nanny cam for his dog and a collage of pictures that will surely be hanging in the band hallway soon. Knowing Mr. Collins loves to cook, they presented him with a gift card for cooking lessons and/or supplies. Topped off by a group hug.
The Class of 2016 is filled with talented musicians and all around awesome people. We wish them the best of luck and much success as they journey onward.