Chattahoochee High School Band Program – Informational Meeting
Rising 9th – 12th graders
February 27th, 2018 @ 6:30 – 7:15PM
Chattahoochee High School Cafeteria
Please RSVP to this event. It is important for us to know the head count so we can prepare accordingly.
Agenda to Include:
- Introductions – Band Director, Instructional Staff & Booster Board Introductions
- Administration Remarks
- Course Offerings – Enrollment/audition process and navigation of course conflicts – Extra Curricular course offerings and stipulations
- Marching Band General Info – Quick overview of marching band program
- Annual Band Trip
- Eligibility, Time, and Financials
- Distribution of tentative band program calendar
- Band Registration Day – The “Who, What, Where, When, and most importantly, WHY?”
- Honor Events – GMEA and other outside ensembles
- Ways and Means – Financials & Fundraising relative to each different ensemble type
- Volunteer opportunities overview
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Support documentation will be sent home as well with further information
Please explore our website for additional information. There is a dedicated page for rising 9th graders, fundraising information, an FAQ page and lots more. If you have further questions feel free to contact us using the contact form below.
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Feb 9th Annual Meeting Detailed Report – Click to get more details from our annual meeting. Below is a summary.
Annual Band Meeting Summary
- Online Band Registration Link
- Concert Bands – All students will be auditioned and placed in one of 3 bands. Auditions will begin at the end of March.
- Marching Band/Guard – CHS is a competitive Marching Band. There is a time and financial commitment to the program that parents and students need to be committed to. Practices are after school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with football games on Friday night and 3 Saturday all day competitions during the season. The estimate for next year’s fees is $800 which may adjust slightly as we finalize our budget. Your fees cover, instructors, uniforms, instruments, music, meals, all camps, rehearsals, games, travel expenses and your student’s “Show Shirt”. When the budget is finalized it will be made available.
- Jazz Band – Our Jazz Programs is growing and we may have enough students to have 2 Jazz Band Homerooms next year. There are no upfront fees associated with this program.
Dates to remember:
- March 1st– Scholarship Applications for Marching Band/Guard 2017-2018 season are due. This will be the first year of our new Scholarship Program. It is a need based Scholarship and additional information is on the application. All applications are kept private and families are kept anonymous for the voting.
- March 15th– Marching Band/Guard Deposit is due – this deposit holds a spot for you and is refundable before July 1st if you change your mind. Pay Online and Payment Information are here. Please fill out the Online Registration before paying the deposit. The subsequent payments are due April 15th, May 15th, June 15th, and July 15th. All fees are due before Summer Marching Camp.
- End of March – Auditions for next year’s band classes.
- May 15th– 18th 4-6pm – Spring Camp is an afterschool camp for anyone who is interested in Marching band. TRMS students walk up to CHS together after school to attend. There is no obligation or fee. Come try out Marching Band.
- July 13th& 14th – Mandatory Music Camp – Learn the music for the Marching Show.
- July 17th– 29th – Mandatory Summer Marching Camp – Plan for your student to be at camp all day on the weekdays, and possibly one of the Saturdays. The schedule will be posted on the website as the time gets closer and we finalize the itinerary.
- July 17th– Physical Forms are due by the first day of Summer Marching Camp. You can click the link here or go to the Forms & Resources Page of the website and print from there. They need to be taken to your child’s doctor to sign before camp starts.
How we communicate with you:
- Your best source for information is our website www.ChattahoocheeBand.com. The News & Event’s Page and the Calendar are kept up to date as we get information.
- During Marching Season, there will be a weekly email Newsletter with News and Reminders. Off season there is a bi-weekly Newsletter.
- Charms Office is the software tool that we use to keep track of contact information, financials, and to send out emails and news. Go to www.CharmsOffice.com and our school code is ChattahoocheeBand. This gets you to the public section of Charms where students can find their music and other handouts. Charms also has a private student section where you can view your financial statements and contact information. Go to More Charms Information for instructions on how to access this section of Charms.
- Like our Facebook PageChattahoochee High School Bands
- Follow us on Instagram@CHS_Bands – #chattband when you post band pics
- Follow us on Twitter@CHS_Bands
- Check outour new YouTube Channel Chattahoochee HS Bands
- You can offset the cost of Marching Band/Guard by fundraising. Funds you raise/earn are put into your students account and can be used to pay band fees and for trips. Verizon is the biggest and fastest way to raise funds. You can earn roughly $50 for each person at each shift working at the Verizon Amphitheater Concession Stand. The concert season starts up in late Spring.
- You can earn rebates that go toward your student’s account by purchasing e-gift cards from www.ShopWithScrip.com and using them to pay for your everyday purchases. 100’s of retailers like Starbucks, Target, Lowes, AMC, Domino’s, the list goes on… More Scrip Information
- Go to our Fundraising Page to see more details and instructions on how to use both fundraisers to offset your fees.
- Parent participation is vital to making the Marching/Guard Program happen. Show your student your support and encouragement by getting involved. Fill out our Get Involved Form and let us know how you would like to help.
2018 Spring Trip:
- We ran out of time to announce this but we are planning a trip to Chicago in the Spring of 2018 for all students in the Band Program. We will have more information after Summer Marching Camp.
Current nominations for next year’s Executive Board:
- Presidents – Leesa Robertson and Scott Cullen
- VP Operations – Chase Ashdale
- VP Fundraising – Kenya Taylor
- VP Communication – Kristin Wilson
- VP Uniforms – Leah Haber
- Treasurers – Heather Hale and Erica Greene
- Secretary – Sandra Nuñez
- If you are interested on serving on the board next year, please contact us with the contact form below and let us know what position you are interested in. Elections will be held at the General Meeting to be held in March or April. TBA