- Chattahoochee High School Marching Band Bands of America Grand National Championships November 13th – 16th 2019
Lucas Oil Stadium
500 S. Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225
- Housing/Hotel Site
Comfort Inn South
5040 S. East St.
Indianapolis, IN 46227
PHONE: 317 783 6711
- Charter Bus Company
American Coach Lines of Atlanta
Member Guidelines and Expectations:
- This is an approved Fulton County Schools field trip and all Fulton County Schools policies are in place. Think of this as Chattahoochee High School on remote campus.
- Attendance is mandatory for members and expected. This event is the conclusive marching contest of the season, and the students have worked tremendously hard to reach this point.
- All fees need to be paid and transferred before the date of departure to ensure the financials can cover this trip. The trip costs around 365.00 per member and is included in the marching band member fees.
- All parents and Members need complete the form to ensure proper contact information is listed and correct. As we have verified before, we would rather be safe then sorry.
- All members must have a copy of insurance submitted to the school by November 1st. Simply copy your insurance card.
- All parents and members must complete the field trip form provided by November 1st. Each teacher needs to sign this form and the students must submit to Mr. Garofalo
- Student luggage needs to be brought to school the morning of the day of the departure, November 13th.
If you would like to be a chaperone you must be approved by Fulton County. Please contact LeesaRobertson@gmail.com asap.
General 1st draft travel itinerary. Performance details and conclusive itinerary to follow
Wednesday, November 13th 2019
7:00AM – 8:05AM – All members and parents use this time frame to drop students off with luggage to be stored prior to loading the busses.
- 1st and 2nd period – All members will attend class 1st and 2nd period of the school day.
- 3rd period – all members will use this time to eat lunch.
- 11:30AM – All members report to band room for attendance lines and timeline instructions/updates
- 11:45AM – Begin to load busses
- 12:15PM – Depart for Housing Site
- 4:15PM – Stop En Route for dinner. (Members bring money for fast food stop)
- 9:00PM – Arrive at hotel housing site listed above.
- 10:00PM – All members in rooms, lights out.
Thursday, November 14th 2019
- 7:00AM – Wake Up Call/Breakfast – Provided at hotel.
- 9:00AM – Depart for rehearsal Site (Convention center near Lucas Oil Stadium)
- 10:00AM – 12:00PM – Indoor Rehearsal on full lined turf field.
- 12:00PM – Load truck and trailer/Lunch provided
- 1:00PM – Warm up times begin, prep for show
- 2:00PM – GRAND NATIONALS PRELIMINARY PERFORMANCE!
- 3:00PM – Depart from stadium to hotel/shower, change, relax.
- 5:00PM – Pizza party at the hotel
- 10:00PM – Lights out!
Friday, November 15th 2019
- 7:00AM – Wake Up Call/Breakfast – provided at hotel
- 9:00AM – depart for Lucas Oil Stadium to spend the day watching more prelims
- 12:00PM – Lunch (students bring money for this lunch as we will be in the stadium all day)
- 5:00PM – Depart for Dave and Busters Celebratory Dinner provided
- 9:00PM – Depart for hotel
- 10:00PM – Lights Out
Saturday, November 16th 2019
- 7:00AM – Wake Up Call/Breakfast – Provided at hotel
- 9:00AM – Depart for Lucas Oil Stadium for semi finals. (If we make it great, if not, we watch!)
- 12:00PM – Lunch provided
- 5:00PM – Depart for Dinner
- 6:00PM – Provided Dinner at Golden Corral
- 7:00PM – Back to Lucas Oil Stadium
- 11:00PM – Depart for Chattahoochee High School
Sunday, November 17th 2019
- 7AM – 8AM – arrive back at Chattahoochee, members dismissed, season concluded.
You must provide your medical insurance card to the school by 11/1. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or put in the gray box. Please do not put on Mr. Garofalo’s desk.