Hope your summer has gotten off to a good start. Summer Band Camp and the Marching Band/Fall Guard Season are right around the corner and fees are due by July 15th. We have extra spaces at Verizon this summer so there is a lot of opportunity to earn $$ before the fees are due. You can get your friends and family to work with you and earn even faster.
Here is some information on each of the fundraising opportunities we have.
- Sign up to work at the concession stand at the Verizon Amphitheater. Once a month Verizon sends us a check for the money we all earned that month and it is divided up among the people who worked that month, based on how many hours they each worked.
- 90% of your earnings are deposited into your student’s band account. The amount usually comes out to about $8/hr. (Not guaranteed, of course.)
- This is the fastest way to earn money toward band fees. The sign ups are emailed through Charms Office, and posted on the Fundraising Page of the website. Even if the slots are filled, still sign up because there is a waiting list in case someone has to cancel. If you are not getting the Verizon sign up emails then you need to check your information in the Charms Office portal.
- Purchase gift cards and use them to make your everyday purchases.
- Once you are signed up for Scrip and have verified your PrestoPay account you can order e-cards called ScripNow and use them to pay for things you already purchase.
- You can print the ScripNow or use it from your phone. There are too many stores to list, but some of the most popular ones are Starbucks 7%, iTunes 5%, Kohl’s 4%, Macy’s 10%, Lowe’s 4%, Home Depot 4%, Amazon.com 3%, Chipotle 10%, Panera 9%, Chili’s 11%, Bath&Body Works 13%.
- Each time you buy an e-card, a rebate is sent to the band of which 90% is put into your band account. The rebate varies depending on the retailer but if you get in the habit of checking MyScripWallet before you pay your bill then the rebates add up.
- This fundraising is a slow and steady way to add funds to your band account.
- Around the holiday’s we have an ordering schedule to order physical gift cards that you can use as holiday gifts for friends, family, teachers, etc.
CHS Concession Stand
- The CHS Concession stand is run by CHSMA – CHS Music Association. Minimum age to work is 14. Shifts are 2 hours, 5-7, 7-9, and 9-11. Earnings in Fall Semester are paid at the beginning of Spring Semester and earnings in Spring Semester are paid at the end of the school year. Earnings are transferred into your students Band, Orchestra, or Chorus account and can be used toward program fees. Sign ups are on the Fundraising Page. Scroll down to CHS Concessions to see sign up links.
Annual Music Department Fundraiser
- Each year the Music Department chooses a fundraiser for all the students taking music classes. This year the CHS Music Department participated in the Yankee Candle fundraiser. Again 90% of the money you earn selling candles is put into your band account.
Currently investigating other fundraisers
- We are putting together a committee who can look into various options for fundraisers and choose one or two that may fit into our model of fundraising in fun way without having to go door to door and sell stuff.
- We would love your input and participation. If you are interested in being a part of this committee please contact our VP of Fundraising using the form below.